Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving

This year we decided to have a lazy Thanksgiving here at our home.  We were given a turkey when we arrived in Tbilisi back in August and it's been sitting in our freezer ever since.  I've never cooked a turkey but thought I should give it a try!

Thursday started off slow with sleeping in.  I didn't feel stressed about the food and was only a little nervous about the lack of oven space I have.  We only have a small oven and toaster oven.  The day before I did the pumpkin pie so that helped a little.  I also whipped out the slow cookers and did both the green bean casserole and stuffing in those.

Carving the bird
At about 10 I started cooking, roasting the sweet potatoes and prepping the bird.  I moved onto the rest of the sides.  In the end we had turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, pumpkin pie and flan.


Of course I made way too much food and we were super stuffed afterwards but that's what Thanksgiving is about.  :)  To top off the day we enjoyed a family nap followed by some Christmas tree decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...