Monday, July 20, 2015

Vacation-Illinois

From Wisconsin we traveled down to Illinois.  Josh's parents were nice enough to take us which made it super convenient for us! It's so nice that our families live so close and make visiting both on one trip doable.

Our time in Illinois is usually a bit more low key because of the nature of our families.  My parents are still working and pop in and out accordingly.  My brother is younger and still single as well so Mara is the only young one running around.

Most days we hung around my parents' house relaxing and playing.  My mom has kept practically all of our toys so Mara is in heaven.  They also have a spare bedroom that has been converted to a toy room and mom set it up with all of her favorites.  She has been sliding and cooking in the playhouse all week.

This past weekend we were able to visit with Mallory and Patrick as well.  They are so awesome and always make a point to come down from the suburbs when we are in town.  This time we tried out a new restaurant in a neighboring town and then walked around the mall a bit.  It was pretty low key but it is always great to get to catch up with them.

On Sunday we went swimming at my Aunt Donna's.  Mara loves the water so she was right at home in her float and splashing on the steps. One of her favorite things was to watch her Daddy dive off the diving board.

Josh had to fly back in the middle of the second week here.  We had a few things to take care of before leaving.  Mara and I, however, hung around Illinois and enjoyed some more time at Grandma & Grandpa's.

We did the usual shopping trip with Mom.  I stocked up on a lot of post baby clothes.  I didn't really want to buy a lot of maternity clothes this time around as I already have a bunch.  I instead opted for a few I could still wear now and will be able to afterwards.  I did pick up a few maternity pieces especially a nice dress for any special occasions.

We also ran a few errands to the local craft store.  We decided to make a window seat for my mom's bedroom and picked up the foam and fabric.  Unfortunately I'll have to sew it overseas and send it back.  Mom's machine just can't handle the thickness.

Otherwise the rest of our time here was spend at my parents hanging out and playing.  It was really nice to see everyone and enjoy a little slower pace of things.  Although we don't want to leave them, we are ready to be reunited with Josh and get settled in our new house.

Georgia here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...