Friday, January 9, 2015

Play Group

Mara really likes watching older kids and interacting with them.  Recently we've started going to a play group on post for 1-3 year olds and Mara loves it.

Each morning starts with lots of songs.  We sing "The Wheels on the Bus," "I'm a Little Teapot," and lots of other child favorites.  With her love of music, she usually sits enthralled by the movements and sounds.  I love sitting with Mara and going through all the hand motions and body movements.  She probably thinks I'm crazy now but I'm sure in a couple of months she'll be doing them on her own.

Crafts are usually the second activity.  This week we made a penguin.  Mara usually isn't too excited about the assembly of the craft but sure loves coloring it when it's done.  I try to grab her a few crayons so she can go to town on it.

After that it's a free for all.  Army Community Services has done a great job getting a wide variety of toys that keep the kids super interested.  Mara usually bounces from one to another super quickly.  She really loves all the ride on toys and pushing toys.  Recently she has become interested in their play kitchen and the see-saws.

Overall it's a great opportunity for Mara to get out and socialize with other kids her age.  I have started to see her really get interested in the other kids and even try to play with others.  When I'm not chasing after her (which isn't often) it's also a nice opportunity for me to get out and socialize with other mamas.

Bottom line we love it.  It's our favorite way to spend out Mondays!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...